[savannah-help-public] [sr #109089] Cannot access cgit pages

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109089] Cannot access cgit pages
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 17:20:35 +0000 (UTC)

I don't have any plugins that (explicity) rewrite or redirect HTTP -> HTTPS. I
tried removing all references to Savannah from my browser history, clearing
the cache, and using "Safe Mode", and I still had the problem.

I don't have the issue in a "Private Window" or another browser (Chromium).

I wonder if some server configuration changed recently that could be related?

There is at least one other person with the same problem. Here is a
conversation I just had on the #guix channel on Freenode:

<lfam> So, is anybody else unable to view our Cgit repo? For example, by
clicking from this page? https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guix
<lfam> I can't make my browser *not* load git.savannah.gnu.org with HTTPS,
which fails because the server does not support HTTPS
<lfam> If so, you should chime in: https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109089
<efraim> when I click on it it loads correctly, when I add https at the
beginning it fails with "ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"
<lfam> efraim: What browser are you using?
<efraim> chromium
<lfam> efraim: Do you have a Firefox derived browser available to try it in?
<lfam> I'd appreciate another data point :)
<lfam> If not, don't worry about building or installing it
<efraim> i have firefox on debian I can try
<lfam> I'm trying to figure out if something obscure broke in my Firefox or if
there is actually something wrong on the Savannah servers
<efraim> when I click on it it defaults to http, https fails to load
<lfam> Okay, can I quote that line in my bug report?
<lfam> Or, can I quote this whole conversation?
<efraim> sure
<lfam> Thanks

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109089>

  Message sent via/by Savannah