[savannah-help-public] [sr #109090] certificates expired for lists & git

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109090] certificates expired for lists & git
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 23:20:29 +0000 (UTC)

No problem with the site ownership confusion. Things are too complicated for
anyone not actively working with the systems to know all of the details.

I don't know why you would be getting redirected from
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/ to https.  I just tried it again just now and I
am not seeing any redirection. I just checked the site configuration and I see
no redirection anywhere in the configuration.

You might try this command in order to see the headers that are coming back
from the server.

  $ wget -S -O/dev/null http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/

To see what a redirection looks like use the sv alias.

  $ wget -S -O/dev/null http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/

That will show that it is getting back a Location: header and following the
redirection header.

However you are saying "linked bug report". That makes me think that the https
was in the original link. Do you have an example? The problem is likely there.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109090>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/