[savannah-help-public] [sr #109103] Forgot password not working for me

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109103] Forgot password not working for me
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 22:41:28 +0000 (UTC)

Update of sr #109103 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

Yes the address associated is at lavabit.com and obviously inaccessible now.
But this creates a problem for us. How can we protect your identity if any
anonymous user can ask us to change the email address of any of the
inaccessible email accounts? As a lavabit user I assume you are concerned
about this, technically savvy, and will appreciate the problem. We must verify
your identity. I am sure you can appreciate this.

I always recommend everyone upload a gpg key to the web site. That way we can
verify your identity using it. But it appears that you do not have a gpg key.
Neither on the web site nor otherwise.

Fortunately you do have two projects that you should be able to commit to
using your registered ssh keys. One of them is a git project. That will be
perfect.

The simplest way would be to create a branch on plogger that you should still
have access to using your ssh keys. Commit and upload the branch to the web
site. No need to do anything to the main master branch. Create an "authme"
branch. That will verify that you are you, the owner of the project, and then
I can safely change the email address so that you can recover your password. I
will remove the authme branch afterward since it will no longer be needed
then. But it will be perfect to verify your identity.

Sound good?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109103>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/