[savannah-help-public] [sr #109093] Support and require cloning via http

From: David A. Wheeler
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109093] Support and require cloning via https:// instead of git://, http://, svn://, or other insecure transport
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 19:41:36 +0000 (UTC)

I agree, supporting HTTPS on the repo is critically important.  This lack
makes it easy for someone to launch a MITM attack on the code supported by
Savannah.

Note that the Linux Foundation's "best practices" badge makes HTTPS a minimum
requirement:
<https://github.com/linuxfoundation/cii-best-practices-badge/blob/master/doc/criteria.md#sites_https>.

What's the blocker?  Is there anything that can be done to help?  Savannah
already has the needed TLS certs, so I imagine that all that's needed is a
minor configuration change.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109093>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/