Re: [savannah-help-public] What are modules?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] What are modules?
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 14:34:46 -0700

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> BTW, 5 seconds after posting this I scrolled down the page I was reading
> and found the answer LOL my bad.

That is always the way it goes! :-)

> > I fixed my previous problems by disabling features on my project
> > page.

I don't see how that could have helped this problem of yours in any
way. :-(

> > The "download area" takes me to a directory with hundreds of
> > listings so I disabled the link to that.

Huh?  What was the link?

> > I also disabled the link to my project's non-existent web
> > page.

That will simply remove the link from your Savannah web page
navigation bar.  Which I guess avoids the problem.  But since you are
trying to upload a web page for it then it means that eventually you
will need to enable it again.  In any case it has nothing to do with
your cvs ssh access.

> > The only question I have is about uploading source files
> > using CVS:
> >
> > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/noob-a-tron co <_modulename_>
> >
> > What exactly is the module name?

I know you have answered that now already.  I will say something here
for the email readers anyway.  CVS has the concept of modules.  Your
project could have many.  But by default you will start with one and
it will be the name of your project.

  cvs -z3 -d :pserver:address@hidden:/sources/noob-a-tron co noob-a-tron

It has always bugged me that the hints on the template don't give the
default information by default.  I will try to update it to do so.

Bob