[savannah-help-public] [sr #109440] temporarily enable non-fast-forward

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109440] temporarily enable non-fast-forward commits
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 13:20:18 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #109440 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hello Alex,

I have opened the oddmuse repository for you to force push to it.  Have have
saved off the old master just in case of tragedy.

Just a hint for the future, normally I personally prefer to have a commit that
I can roll master back in time to when things were considered good.  Then you
can fix things and push an upload on top of it.  That is safest for us as
curators of repositories because the rollback point is known.  I looked but
couldn't figure it out for oddmuse.  It looks like things are going to have to

Secondly if you want to discuss any git help please do email us at
savannah-help-public AT gnu.org and the group there would be happy to help
with things. It looks like git filter-branch may be the utility for you
depending upon what you are trying to do. Certainly pulling wouldn't make
things worse but will only merge in the upstream branch. Just don't pull,
merge, and then push or the push will publicly commit everything.

Please let me know when you have things back in a happy state.  I will leave
the ticket open until then.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109440>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/