[savannah-help-public] [sr #109487] Lost password link redirects to home

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109487] Lost password link redirects to home page (confusingly)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 23:29:26 -0400 (EDT)

I just tried the lost password recovery and I agree that it is less than nice
the way it is working now.  Thank you for your patch suggestion.  You have
distinguished yourself!

I tried your suggestion however and something else seems to be needed as that
line does not seem to be the line that is executed upon lost password
recovery.  I might be getting confused by something however such as some cache
that I haven't flushed.  I will need to dig deeper.

In any case I made your suggested change (with a slight modification) as a
test to try it out to line 56 (actually 51 in Assaf's "agn/test2" branch
currently being run) and it didn't get executed.

  session_redirect("https://savannah.gnu.org/account/login.php";);

The session_redirect routine is a thin wrapper around sending the Location:
header and exiting as one might expect.  As such it needs to be a full URL.
Yet when I tried to trigger the behavior I was redirected back to the root
page and not to the login page.  Huh?  And so now I don't know if this was an
incorrect test on my part or if something else is happening.  Your suggested
patch seems to be in the right place.  I'll keep looking.  But I wanted to
encourage you as your suggestion seems spot on.

This also reminds us that the branch needs to be updated and merged back into
master.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109487>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/