[Savannah-register-public] Mirroring policy

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Mirroring policy
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:36:26 +0100

Hello,

Let's try to clarify the mirroring policy.

We decided, by looking at what Mathieu Roy was doing, to reject
projects that intend to use Savannah as a simple mirror; which means,
they will rather use the download area more than anything else.

Savannah provide free software developers with collaborative tools,
and incidentally a download area. If people just need a download area,
there are other services out there.

So much for the "mirroring policy": we don't want Savannah to be a
simple mirror.

Now, in the case below, we are asking a project not to keep a
potential mirror different than Savannah. Project at Savannah can have
mirrors, it is up to the other hosting facilities to decide whether
they accept to simply become a mirror.

So I do not think we should enforce closing former accounts from other
services. However, if we see that Savannah is mainly used as a mirror,
then we still should contact the maintainers for this to change.

What do you think?

--
Sylvain