[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #3697] Submission of Parallel and D

From: Sebastien CAHON
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #3697] Submission of Parallel and Distributed Evolving Object
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:10:57 +0100

Hello,

Le dim 13/02/2005 à 19:24, Sylvain Beucler a écrit :

> When looking for a tarball,  I saw that ParadisEO comes in several versions.
> ParadisEO-ath, in particular, depends on inuktitut/Pthread, which is not
> released under a free software license.
>
> We are careful about ethical issues and insist on producing software that is
> not dependent on proprietary software.

No, I wasn't thinking of registering ParadisEO-ath at Savannah. This
release is now old and relied on the projects Athapascan and Inuktitut
which aren't maintained yet. I just intend to upload ParadisEO and
ParadisEO-cmw at Savannah which are respectively based on LAM-MPI/PVM
and Condor/MW.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the effort you and other people make to find an
issue for ParadisEO dealing with the licenses of the underlying
middlewares.

Best regards.

S. Cahon.