[Savannah-register-public] [task #3871] Submission of iCub3d

From: Joshua Marsh
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3871] Submission of iCub3d
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:08:25 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7409>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  icub3d

Full Name:
----------
  iCub3d

Type:
-----
  GNU

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------

------------
  I would like to develop an online information system.  I've named it iCub3d
(meaning i^3).  iCub3d is being designed to provide information to the public
via online learning, news, and support.  I have started laying out a
development plan, but there is currently no code for the project.

The online learning system will provide instructors with the ability to
create courses, assignments, tests, etc. and, in turn, students will be able
to view course material, submit assignments and take tests.

The news system will help instructors and students keep informed of recent
events that pertain to the courses with which they are subscribed. The news
system will track a variety of resources and report on new information.

The support system will provide features to help instructors and students
keep get help with problems related to their courses.

For example, suppose I want to create a C programming information page.  I
would download and install the iCub3d system.  Via my web browser, I would
then add a C course to the system.  Within the C course I could add lessons,
quizzes to the lessons, programming assignments and exams.  I would also add
C watches to the news system by telling iCub3d to subscribe to C mailing
lists, watch C related web pages and store C related IRC channel chats.  I
would then add a C support page where people could ask questions and receive
answers to their questions.

This would be useful for universities or other institutes of learning as well
as people with a desire to share their knowledge.

Other Software Required:
  The only required program to run iCub3d is a Web Server that supports CGI
programs.

Other Comments:

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3871>