[Savannah-register-public] [task #3895] Submission of Embedded Filesyste

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3895] Submission of Embedded Filesystem Handler
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:09:05 +0000

         Should Start On:                         => Wed 03/30/2005 at 00:00
   Should be Finished on:                         => Wed 03/30/2005 at 00:00
             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #2:

Hi,

Apoligizes for the delay. We received more requests than usually and got
understaffed :/

Before to import your project at Savannah, we ask you to do the licensing
job.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GPL,
please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at the
beginning of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please include a copy of the plain text
version of the GPL, available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into
a file named "COPYING".

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn why a
copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code, for example,
see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Do you plan to distribute the documentation? If yes, under what license do
you plan to release it? We recommand the GFDL for technical documentation.

> - DSP: Ti Codecomposer (non-free)
>
> When compiling on the DSP, there is also a bios added by the
> compiler that is non-free.

Is the DSP support needed?

If yes, just keep in mind that we cannot host binaries if they rely on
non-free components, except if they fall under the following exception in the
GNU GPL:

"However, as a special exception, the source code distributed need not
include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary
form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the
operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component itself
accompanies the executable."

If there is nothing specific to DSP in your code then there is nothing to
worry about.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3895>