[Savannah-register-public] [task #3905] Submission of libextractor

From: anonymous
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3905] Submission of libextractor
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 15:28:47 +0000

Well, now that's very helpful.  Surely there's no problem putting copyright
notices per-se (in fact, we've put plenty; if I do a grep for "GNU General
Public License" I get 124 hits!  Now, note that not all of the code in LE was
literally written by us!  For example, src/plugins/Array.cc is from XPDF (also
GPL), but the header says:

//========================================================================
//
// Array.cc
//
// Copyright 1996-2003 Glyph & Cog, LLC
//

which is the XPDF copyright.  We did NOT fix those since from time to time
there is a release of xpdf where we again copy the files from xpdf into LE.
We certainly could add the LE copyright header, but that as the only
modification does not feel like a good idea.

If you have any specific problems with missing copyrights in specific files,
please point them out and we'll be happy to fix them (in the next release;
also note that the current release was made _before_ LE became a GNU
project).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3905>