[Savannah-register-public] [task #4050] Submission of Multi - Agent Syst

From: Vivek Varghese Cherian
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4050] Submission of Multi - Agent System for Sport Game
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:44:01 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

I am evaluating your project for inclusion in savannah.

I have a couple of issues with your project.

First, you have said "  I would like to remake a Multi Agent System of same
invoice in Open Source with licence GNU. ". We have issues with this, because
Savannah supports Free Software Projects and not Open Source Projects.

We are careful about ethical issues and insist on producing software that is
not dependent on proprietary software.

While Open Source as defined by its founders means something pretty close to
Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.  For more information, please
see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.

We would be happy if you rename all your references to "Open Source" code in
your project to "Free Software"

Hope this is ok with you ?

Second, you have not mentioned if you have any source code at present for
your project. In case you have it, feel free to use your project tracker
located at
http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4050 to provide us with
a URL containing the source code tarball. We would like to evaluate your
source code even if it is not functional to help you resolve licensing issues
early.

Once you give us the info on the status of your source code via your project
support tracker provided above, we will review your project for inclusion in
the Savannah. In case you do not have the source code for your project now,
please state that explicitly.

Regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4050>