[Savannah-register-public] [task #4190] Submission of ANOPA Viewer

From: Jonathan Bartlett
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4190] Submission of ANOPA Viewer
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:58:53 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7661>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  anopa

Full Name:
----------
  ANOPA Viewer

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU Lesser General Public License

Other License:
--------------

------------
  This is an implementation of the ANOPA n-dimensional pattern analysis
algorithm developed by Cavanaugh and Sternberg for viewing biological pattern
spaces (though it should also be applicable to non-biology applications).

This not only calculates the 1d, 2d, and 3d coordinates of the pattern
analysis, but includes a 3D viewer for both showing the patterns, adjusting
the 3d view, and also having dynamic updates based on the chosen "outgroup".

The official paper describing this method is available at:

http://www.worldscinet.com/129/12/1202/S0218339004001117.html

The current implementation is available at:

http://dev.newmediaworx.com/johnnyb/anopa-0-1.tar.gz

When I start doing more w/ the UI, I will probably also use some sort of
helper library for OpenGL for doing both the UI and for labelling the nodes.

The data points that come with distribution are entirely made up.   I have
not tested this on any real data set yet.  Also, depending on your OpenGL
driver, the pointsize may be small and hard to see.

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  It requires Chicken Scheme:

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/chicken-1.89.tar.gz

It also requires opengl.egg:

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/opengl.egg

Other Comments:
  This is actually a project I started just to learn the ANOPA algorithm and
play w/ OpenGL.  However, I think I might be able to squeeze out an actually
useful multivariate analysis program out of it and maybe some nifty helper
libraries for scheme.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4190>