[Savannah-register-public] [task #3620] Submission of Open Metaheuristic

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3620] Submission of Open Metaheuristic
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 09:00:39 +0000

                Category:        Project Approval => Approved Projects to be
Reviewed
        Percent Complete:                    100% => 0%
             Assigned to:                    Zeus => Beuc
             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #5:

Hi NoJhan,

As we said we are reviewing your source code (with some slight delay).

First, we made a mistake when approving your project, that contains "open" in
its name.
Savannah's mission is to host free software projects, and we want the public
to think of them as free software projects.  A project name that says "open"
will tend to lead people to think of the project as "open source" instead of
"free software".

We would like you to accept to use "free" instead of "open" in your project
name.

Now on to the code itself. Your license notices are good. However, lots of
file, abeilt they mention the author(s), do not have a valid copyright
notice. Please add it. You could also change the FSF address in the process
(https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=3766).

The documentation should also carry copyright and license notices. We
recommand you use the GFDL for this kind of work.
In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GFDL,
please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements after the
title page of each work.

In addition, if you haven't already, please add a copy of the FDL (available
from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html in various formats) as a section of
your works , and as plain text in a file named 'COPYING'
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt).

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html#SEC4

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html also covers additional points,
including a smaller notice that you can use in auxiliary files.

Tell me when you have an updated CVS repository, and please reply asap wrt
the open-vs-free issue.

Regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3620>