[Savannah-register-public] [task #3659] Submission of The FreeType Proje

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3659] Submission of The FreeType Project
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 09:22:49 +0000

                Category: Approved Projects to be Reviewed => Project
Approval

Follow-up Comment #3:

As promised I'm reviewing at the source code now - abeilt 3 months 1/2 later
than expected :)

What did you decide wrt dual licensing eventually? Your notices point to a
"LICENSE.TXT" file. I found a "license.txt" which mention dual-licensing.

Several files lack copyright and license notices. Please update this files.

You should also add notices to the documentation. We recommend the GFDL for
this kind of work.
Here are the standard instructions:
In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GFDL,
please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements after the
title page of each work.

In addition, if you haven't already, please add a copy of the FDL (available
from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html in various formats) as a section of
your works , and as plain text in a file named 'COPYING'
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt).

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html#SEC4

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html also covers additional points,
including a smaller notice that you can use in auxiliary files.

Last, you might want to rephrase a part of PATENTS.
"BE IT  IN  COMMERCIAL  OR  OPEN  SOURCE PRODUCTS."
"BE IT IN PROPRIETARY OR FREE SOFTWARE PRODUCTS."
I suppose you know the following texts:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Commercial
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

Incidentally why does those patents make legal issues in France at the
moment? Were software patents already legal here in 1999?

Please contact us with this tracker asap, when you have an updated CVS
repository ready.

Regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3659>