[Savannah-register-public] [task #4212] Submission of MODBUS free librar

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4212] Submission of MODBUS free library
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:49:35 +0000

Alex Karev wrote:
| Here is the sources
| <source code attached>

Hello.

Licensing under the "LGPL version 2.1 only" is problematic.  Would you agree
to license your project under the "GNU LGPL v2.1 or later"?

The reason for this is that when we publish LGPL v3, it will be important for
all LGPL-covered programs to advance to LGPL v3.
If you don't put this in the files now, the only way to port your program to
LGPL v3 would be to ask each
and every copyright holder, and that may be very difficult.

We can explain the issue in more detail if you wish. If you have concerns
about "GNU LGPL v2.1 or later", we'd be happy to address them too.

Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4212>