[Savannah-register-public] [task #4285] Submission of GNU Queue

From: Koni
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4285] Submission of GNU Queue
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:03:08 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7729>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  gnu-queue

Full Name:
----------
  GNU Queue

Type:
-----
  Official GNU software

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------

------------
  This project, GNU Queue, already exists as part of the GNU project with a
community development site at sourceforge. The project and source has gone
defunct over the past 4 years. I have been appointed by Richard Stallman to
take over the project and revitalize it.

GNU Queue is system to manage cluster computing resources, including programs
to allow remote execution, scheduling (queuing) of jobs, distribution of jobs,
and load balancing.

With the consensus of the surviving community for this project, I have begun
rewriting the entire code base from scratch. I would like to move the
project's website, distribution site, and community forums & lists etc., off
of sourceforge to Savannah. Existing non-functional versions of the old GNU
Queue can be found through sourceforge, at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/queue/

A quick and dirty snapshot of my new code base can be downloaded from
http://www.lightlink.com/koni/, which is only made available there for your
review in approving my request to register GNU Queue with Savannah. I would
like the real distribution site and CVS repository to be at Savannah, and I
don't want to bother getting up on sourceforge first since we intend to move
to Savannah with the new code base as soon as possible.

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  Compilation requires gcc, glibc, flex and bison. All are typically present
on a free operating system.

Other Comments:
---------------
  Richard Stallman has already approved GNU Queue as part of the GNU project
and recently appointed me (Koni) to lead a development effort to revitalize
it.

Note: I believe there is already a directory for "GNU queue" somewhere on the
FTP and web site for the gnu project, but 4 or 5 years ago the previous
maintainers moved the official site to sourceforge. Please assign the "system
name" to match the existing directory to avoid confusion, or delete the old
directory from the system. I will correct and update the webpages when I have
access to them.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4285>