[Savannah-register-public] [task #4371] Submission of Texi2HTML

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4371] Submission of Texi2HTML
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:11:03 +0000

Hello.

Go on with the copyright issue. Karl Berry wrote:
"The copyright.list information and your analysis is basically right.

texi2html was never part of the Texinfo package (and never will be, as far as
I can see), and was never an official GNU package.  Probably back in 1994 the
clerk just recorded the assignment papers without looking into it (certainly I
wasn't asked about it).

texi2html is currently maintained at cvshome.org, last I knew.  It's never
been part of Texinfo CVS.  Are they asking for a savannah project for it?

Anyway, Lionel Cons was indeed the original author of texi2html, back when
Texinfo had no HTML output.  Olaf Bachman took it over from Lionel for a
while, I took it over from Olaf for a while, and then it got passed on to
Derek and Patrice.

I haven't had any success contacting Olaf on the few occasions I've tried in
the last several years.  He'd probably be willing to sign an assignment if he
can be reached -- I guess Derek/Patrice/Adrian are the people who should do
that.

Seems like the simplest thing is for them to just to remove the FSF as the
copyright holder, since it isn't a GNU package now and never will be, and
either put on the group of individuals, or their company, or whatever.  (I
personally certainly don't care if I'm listed, and would just as soon not be.
I didn't make any particularly substantial contributions anyway.)"

I think it would be really the best way to remove the FSF as the copyright
holder and put there your own names, or your company.
Would you accept these procedure and update your tarball?

Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4371>