[Savannah-register-public] [task #4464] Submission of SIP over TCP at As

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4464] Submission of SIP over TCP at Asterisk
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:25:54 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

Can you tell me a bit more about the licensing scheme?

Note that commercial does not mean proprietary.
Do you work for Digium? Or do you plan to grant copyright to them so they can
dual license a version asterisk that includes your changes?

Free Software means that users have certain freedoms; it does not mean zero
price.  "Commercial" means "associated with business"; a commercial program
may be free or non-free, depending on its license.  So it is a mistake to
treat "free" and "commercial" as contraries.  When a business develops free
software, that is free commercial software.

Also, wouldn't it be better to contribute directly to the Asterisk project
instead of keeping this changeset separate?

Note that OpenSSL is incompatible with the GNU GPL. We recommand to use GnuTLS
instead, which provides an additional OpenSSL-like
programming interface.

Last, we prefer to see some source code before to approve a
project. Do you need to project right now? If yes, please say why and we could
approve it temporarily now and review it in a week. If not, we'd prefer you
resubmit it later on.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4464>