[Savannah-register-public] [task #4525] Submission of NopOS

From: Davidlohr Bueso Arnett
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4525] Submission of NopOS
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:51:40 +0000

Follow-up Comment #11:

Hi,

I have approved your project.  You will receive an automated e-mailcontaining
detailed information about the approval.

However, please keep in mind that, as mentioned in the registration pages, we
do not host complete distros, distros isos, packages repositories, etc, for
space and bandwidth reasons. We may just offer support for organisational
purpose and dedicated software (such as iso creation scripts). So if your
project gets to be really large inform us and we well have a look.

Regarding your questions:

1 - "If I get some code with GPL license and copyright and I modify it to use
with my GPL code, Can I put my copyright and the original, or only the
original?"

Answer: Yes, you can modify the file and put your copyright below the
original. See also
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html

2 - "If I get some code with License error (like the Address, or
something like that) , must I fix that?"

Answer: You can always fix the address on your own of existing code. But if
the "problems" are bigger then please contact the original author, yes.

3 - "If I get code from differents authors (all GPL) to write some modules,
must I to specify what piece of code has written each author?"

Answer: If the authors have got copyright on the module(s), then you should
keep track of it.
You are not allowed to breake copyright(s).

If the files are not copyrighted, you should ask the original author to
includes such copyrights or to includes statements which say that the file
was released under public domain.

Regards,
Davidlohr Bueso A.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4525>