[Savannah-register-public] [task #4668] Submission of Job Finder

From: Nick Vallianos
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4668] Submission of Job Finder
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:38:43 +0300

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7978>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  Job Finder

System Group Name:
-----------------
  jobfinder

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  This GUI program asks the user for some details, like the area for which
vacancies should be searched, occupations etc. For now, it only works with
EURES, the European Portal for Job Mobility, but the goal is to use multiple
reliable sources for other areas as well. Instead of connecting to any
database, it just spiders and filters the results of a main GET request,
which has been formed by the user input.
 I already have one partly working part (the 'spider') and one that I'm
working on (the GUI) but don't have them on any URL.
 Ultimately, the users will have it running in the background with some
configuration and, once in a while, have a balloon popping up, saying: "Tired
of your boss? There's a good job for you in your area blah blah..."
Then programmers will start leaving jobs and managers will start thinking of
treating them nicely!

Other Software Required:
  needs ActivePerl or just any perl on Win32 platforms, but that's also free,
as far as I know. That's not a concern, is it?

Other Comments:
  can we make it part of find (find -job)? just joking :)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4668>

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/