[Savannah-register-public] [task #4752] Submission of PhonePlot

From: Juan Bolorino Martín
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4752] Submission of PhonePlot
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:05:38 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8034>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  PhonePlot

System Group Name:
-----------------
  bolorino

Type:
-----
  Official GNU software

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  It is a program for tariff all the calls procedent from a switchboard (in
spanish "centralita de telefono") using the port RS232 to serial computer.
For example, when you are working and you use the telephone in your company,
that has a cost for your company, that call generate an information to the
switchboard and later the swichboard send that iformation to the computer
(port RS232). The computer process the information (date, time, telefhone
number, extesion, etc)and save to the base information.
When we have for example the information (one month one year, one week), we
can to extract the cost for all the company, departament, statistics of
calls, etc.
And we can to compare to the real bill from the operator.
And thats no is all, we can calculate from wich diferents company will be low
cost, we can to compare the cost and later contract the company (Vodafone,
orange, Telefonica, etc) with better prices.

This kind of program are very common in the university, in the call centers
to tariff the diferent campaigns, town hall, etc

Other Software Required:
  The lenguage we can to use c++ or Java.
For my experience with a similar program, we will need a very very powerfull
data base as Oracle, but Oracle no is free and i was thinking in postgresql.
what do you think?
The S.O will be GNU/Linux

Other Comments:
  I don´t know very much about programing and dba but i want to learn about

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4752>