[Savannah-register-public] [task #5214] Submission of DRI Configuration

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5214] Submission of DRI Configuration Applet
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:04:44 +0000

Hello.

About the issue between Debian and the FSF and the GNU FDL I wrote shortly an
entry (http://blog.kickino.org/archives/2006/01/#e2006-01-31T23_13_51.txt)
into my blog, if you are interested feel free to read it.

On the other hand the official statement of Savannah is still:
If you don't like the GNU FDL and would like to follow Debian's point of
view, hey, do so, we don't care.

At least you should use the GNU FDL for your documentation, and if you would
like then use the GNU GPL, too. This is what is meant by "dual-licensing" -
and this is what we accept in our policy, too.

So if you would like release your documentation under the GNU FDL and GNU
GPL. (but only GNU GPL is what we don't allow).

At last, you should add copyright+license information into the README file,
but not into the README, which states the licenses for png images and in
CHANGELOG, TODO it is not neccessary, too.

Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5214>