[Savannah-register-public] [task #5325] Submission of GNOME Columns

From: Anthony Taylor
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5325] Submission of GNOME Columns
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:17:40 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8410>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  GNOME Columns

System Group Name:
-----------------
  gnome-columns

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  gnome-columns is a game. Currently written in a very poor Objective-C, I
am in the process of re-writing in pure C. It uses OpenGL to draw the
gameboard.

In spite of the name, it is not integrated with Gnome at the moment. I am
refactoring the game to make it a Gnome program, though. Mostly, it'll use
gconf, and maybe a wizard or two for configuration, along with the standard
array of menu items.

I started the game as a learning tool. I wanted to play with Objective-C
(having used it years ago on the NeXT) and learn OpenGL. The game itself is
essentially a re-implementation of xjewel, with prettier graphics and a few
changes and additions to gameplay.

The current source code is at: http://paperdove.org/gnome-columns.tar.bz2

It should compile cleanly on any GNU/Linux box with libGL, libGLU, libSDL,
and objc. But I make no promises, as I am not the greatest with autoconf /
automake quite yet (yet another set of tools I am learning).

The graphics are all png, and all are copyright by me. The entire thing,
including graphics (and sounds, when I finally get to that point) are
licensed under GPLv2.

Other Software Required:
  Oh! I thought that was technical, so that's where I put it. As a list:

libSDL
libGL
libGLU
Gnome libraries

Those are common, but probably not found on a minimum Free OS.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5325>