[Savannah-register-public] [task #5399] Submission of Gregblog CMS

From: Steven Robson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5399] Submission of Gregblog CMS
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:58:32 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6:

Hi,

Please remove GIF image files from your project and replace them with an
other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to have free
software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents also apply to the compress
program.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GNU
GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at the
beginning of every copyrightable file, usually any file more than 10 lines
long.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

If some of your files cannot carry such notices (e.g. binary files), then you
can add a README file in the same directory containing the copyright and
license notices. Check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for further
information.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn why a
copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code, for example,
see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

You have not added any _copyright_ notices, and some files are still missing
any legal headers.

 You also mention in your comments that you have "Free software foundation
copyright". Have you signed papers transferring copyright to the FSF? Only
then would the code be copyright FSF. PLEASE provide us with more information
about this.

Finally, your doc/ directory contains a copy of the MPL. This is confusing,
and I do not see why it is necessary. Please explain this.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah. Please make sure you
clarify the other points I have asked about.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such