[Savannah-register-public] [task #5553] Submission of XennoBB

From: Steven Robson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5553] Submission of XennoBB
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 22:54:09 +0000

Follow-up Comment #7:

Hi,

When I went through your new tarball I noticed some additional problems.
Sorry for not noticing them the first time.

All files should have correct headers stating who the copyright holder is,
and what the license is. The .css and some of the .js and .php files have no
legal headers. Please add the appropriate legal headers.

You also need to include license statments for your png graphics or the font
files.

If some of your files cannot carry such notices (e.g. binary files), then you
can add a README file in the same directory containing the copyright and
license notices. Check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for further
information.

Additionally, your project includes code released under non-free licenses and
currently cannot be hosted on savannah for this reason.

The overlib_mini.js file is released under the artistic license, which is a
non-free license. See
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#ArtisticLicense for more
information.

The menu.js file is also released under a non-free license, that does not
permit the releasing of modified versions.

Please provide us with more information about this.

Also, Snoopy.class.inc is licensed under the GNU LGPL. This means that you
should include a copy of the LGPL, as well as correcting the FSF address in
the file.

Finally, some of the files in your tarball (the rss_*.inc ones) are licensed
under the GNU GPL only, and cannot be hosted on Savannah for this reason.

Licensing under the "GNU GPL" is problematic.  Would you agree to license the
code under the "GNU GPL v2 or later"?

The reason for this is that when we publish GPL v3, it will be important for
all GPL-covered programs to advance to GPL v3. If you don't put this in the
files now, the only way to port your program to GPL v3 would be to ask each
and every copyright holder, and that may be very difficult.

We can explain the issue in more detail if you wish. If you have concerns
about "GNU GPL v2 or later", we'd be happy to address them too.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such