[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #5756] Submission of The libunwind

From: David Mosberger-Tang
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #5756] Submission of The libunwind project
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:13:17 -0600

Hi Sebastian,

On 8/2/06, Sebastian Wieseler <address@hidden> wrote:

At first, why do you want to move the project from kernel.org to Savannah?

kernel.org provides GIT-hosting only, no mailing lists, bug-tracking, etc.

And do you know that we don't provide any GIT for you? - but CVS and
GnuArch....

Or how do you plan to use our services?

I'd like to keep the software repository at kernel.org since Savannah
doesn't provide GIT-hosting, but do everything else from savannah,
including mailing list, bug-tracking, etc.

At second, if you want to host any source code here, we want to review it,
but I don't like to review it via GIT... can you provide us with a tarball at
least, please?

If you just want to browse the sources, you can do that via gitweb at:

 http://www.kernel.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=libs/libunwind/libunwind.git;a=tree

For your convenience, I also attached a tar-ball.

Thanks,

 --david