[Savannah-register-public] [task #5760] Submission of Skribilo

From: Ludovic Courtes
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5760] Submission of Skribilo
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:08:30 +0000

Sorry for not answering earlier, I was away from keyboard.

* GPL Headers and `COPYING' File

The `COPYING' file is present and does contain a copy of the GPL.  Also,
AFAIK, all source files (under the `src' directory) do contain a GPL header.
If you found files that don't, can you please point me to them?

* Documentation Licence

The documentation is currently almost unchanged from that of Skribe (on which
Skribilo is based).  It turns out that the documentation is licence-less in
the Skribe package.  More precisely, documentation files did not contain any
header and there was no file indicating a particular licence.  Since the
whole Skribe package is distributed under the GPL, I'd assume that the
documentation falls under that licence too.

If I were to choose a licence for the doc, I'd choose GPL anyway because
there is no clear distinction between documentation and code, especially in
this package.  What do you think?

* GIF Images

The footnote at specifies that the
patent has now expired roughly everywhere, making GIF an acceptable format
for Free Software.  Anyway, since I'm not too keen on keeping images in that
format, I can convert them, of course.

  Message posté via/par Savannah