[Savannah-register-public] [task #6853] Submission of FLEX Project

From: Dimitri Torterat
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6853] Submission of FLEX Project
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 18:31:21 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9279> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9279>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *FLEX Project*
* System Name:  *flex*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU General Public License V2 or later

----

Our project aims to create an internet suite of XML/XSLT/PHP-based
applications, _with no databases_ because we hate SQL.
You probably heard (Hurd ? =D) anywere that you can use PHP with a template
engine ? We decided to use XML + XSLT because XSLT is a /natural/ template
engine. Here are the project's lines. There are for the forum, but will be
applicable for all :

1° Flex Board is a light board. It uses files and so there is no need to use
the mysql daemon :D
2° As it uses only files, it works on all Apache and PHP5 machines.
3° Flex Board saves it data on a data/ directory, and the data is
hierarchized. If the user wants to backup his data, he can decide the forums
he saves, thanks to the subdirectories in data/ : each directory is a forum.
4° Flex Board is extremly customizable. Skin can be changed by editing CSS
files, i18n is possible (defaults languages : English and French) ; but the
real news is the capability to change the output : the default XSLT file
gives a HTML output. By simply modifying the XSLT file, output can be in
plain text, Atom/RSS, HTML, XHTML...
QUESTION : If the community gives, in a forum, an XSLT file to get a
proprietary output, what happens ? Must we go in *.nongnu.org ?
5° Flex Board, thanks to DTDs, is very able to give a valid output.
6° Flex Board is easy-to-use for anybody, PHP developpers reading the little
and commented PHP code used, medium user using the easy-to-understand admin
panel...
7° The board will be accessible
8° Flex Board is free :D

I don't know if you can have a page for each project or if you must have only
page for all. I'll see it later.
Source code (that's the begining of the project, as you'll can see we are
using only PHP, XML and XSLT) :
http://www.foxtwo.info/fichiers/?path=&download=Flex_Board.tar.bz2

I hope my english was not bad ^^

  Message posté via/par Savannah