[Savannah-register-public] [task #7388] Submission of Free Download Libr

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7388] Submission of Free Download Library
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:03:09 +0000

Hi,

Do you have some recent source code? If yes, please include a (perhaps
temporary) URL pointing to the source code. Alternatively, you can forward the
code to me by email or attach it to this tracker.

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to catch
potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GNU GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the beginning
of every  copyrightable file, usually any file more than 10 lines long.  This
is explained in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would
help catch potential omissions such as these.

In your test code, you used a good license notice, but you didn't include a
copyright notice. Can you do that? You can find more information at
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html

Also, we do not allow to host your project on Savannah and
Google Code at the same time, if Savannah is just a project
mirror.  Your project development should happen primarily on
Savannah.

Is this a switch?

--
Sylvain