[Savannah-register-public] [task #7641] Submission of Night Light IRC Pr

From: Jonas Kvinge
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7641] Submission of Night Light IRC Proxy/Bouncer
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 00:06:00 +0000

Right now you can run ./configure --disable-ssl and it will build without SSL
support, the openssl is not required then. With the --disable-ssl it does not
look for the openssl library at all. Is it sufficient if I make SSL support
disabled by default so that you have to run ./configure --enable-ssl to make
it compile with SSL support? I learned how to use openssl by myself and it
took me quite a while but if gnuTLS is very similar I don't see any problem
making it work. Another question then is, if I make it work with both openssl
and gnuTLS, can it still use the openssl library if it is found on the system
and gnuTLS is not found on the system?

Which files are considered non-free? Is it configure.in and Makefile.in ? Is
it sufficient to just remove the "All rights reserved" line and only keep the
Copyright? Or must I add the GNU license note to those files as well?

These might be dumb questions but I don't understand all the aspects of the
licensing.

Currently I'm moving from my apartment and will have limited access to the
internet in the next weeks and limited time to do a new release. I will do a
new release as soon as I am established at my new place, or before if I get
the time.