[Savannah-register-public] [task #7656] Submission of gmailreader

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7656] Submission of gmailreader
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:33:07 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

You depend on libgmail, a GPL'd library. Thus, your project need to be
released under the GNU GPL as well.

Also, libgmail is released under the GPL v2 only (not any later version).
Licensing under the "GNU GPL v2 only" is problematic, because when we publish
the next version of the GPL, it will be important for all GPL-covered programs
to advance to that new version.

This is acceptable for a Savannah project dependency, however this is not
acceptable for code hosted at Savannah. So if you want to upload your modified
version of libgmail (also under GPL v2) at Savannah, you need to contact their
authors so they release the code under "version 2 of the License, or (at your
option) any later version.".

"The trivial files on my project (that is README and I left in the
public domain,"

We believe trivial files (> 10 lines) cannot be copyrighted and need not

Please resubmit your project released under the GNU GPL and we'll reconsider
it for inclusion at Savannah.