[Savannah-register-public] [task #7784] Submission of Pirates of the ski

From: Alexander Shulgin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7784] Submission of Pirates of the skies
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:16:53 +0000

Hi,

I'm reviewing your project for inclusion into Savannah.

While doing so, I've discovered a few problems:

1. FSF address has changed and now is "51 Franklin Street, Fifth
Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA".  Please update your COPYING files as well
as license headers.

The updated version of GNU GPLv2 can be found here:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.txt

2. The file ./paulo3d/src/scriptable.cpp is missing copyright and
license headers.  Please add them as appropriate.

3. Files ./src/player.cpp, ./src/bot.cpp have a few words garbled in the
license header, most probably due to some search/replace in the whole file.
;-)

4. I've noticed that you distribute .lib files as well as headers for your
project's dependencies.  However, I'm unable to configure or compile the
project on my Debian GNU/Linux box.  Being able to compile it with a
convenient "./configure; make" command would be very helpful, so please remove
any stale files left from previous builds.

5. There's no licensing information on the media files.  Are you planning to
license them under the terms of GNU GPL as the whole package?  You may find
some useful information about licensing non-software parts of the package
here:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#OtherLicenses

and here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Free_content_licenses

Besides, some of the media files (*.3ds), I believe, are from non-free
programs.  Please replace them with equivalent files which can be
opened/edited with free 3D modeling software (e.g. blender).

If you are willing to make these changes please provide us with an updated
source package.  You may create a patch against the package you already
provided, or simply create a new one without the unchanged media files (for
smaller package size).  You may attach the new package to this tracker if it
fits in 512KB.

--
Cheers,
Alex