[Savannah-register-public] [task #7793] Submission of Opéra Libre

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7793] Submission of Opéra Libre
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 18:02:37 +0000

Follow-up Comment #9:

Hi,

The license pages at gnu.org says that you can use the GNU GPL for
non-software work if you describe precisely what is "source". So I guess it's
up to you to decide what is "source", what is "compiled", and what is
"processed data". At first glance I'd say that all you sent me is source; and
that anything derived from it (the score, the performance, the recording...)
is derived work in more or less "compiled" form. You appear to have a
different interpretation, so maybe you need to clearly specify what you call
"source", etc.

At the risk of disappointing you, I doubt the Free Software Foundation will
officially endorse something that is not about software, though this might fit
in http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/ or
http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2007/11/expert-witness-defense-fund-for-riaa.html
But I'm only a Savannah volunteer, I can't tell :)

I'm closing the project submission for now. Feel free to mail
address@hidden if you have any question.