[Savannah-register-public] [task #7844] Submission of panomatic

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7844] Submission of panomatic
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:52:44 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => zeus

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi Anael,

I reviewed your tarball and you have a there's a few issues that I
like to make clear.

Can you keep the source code of your dependencies out of your tarball?
Because is pretty hard to review your source code without know which
is your source code and which the dependency code. I don't think that
this could be a problem because you have the boost dependency out of
your tarball. And, on the other hand, you let the user choose the lib
version to use.

Also, there's a few files (.vcproj) that are need them to use Visual
C++, do you want to support w32 platform too? Please remember that we
host projects that support free operating systems, this means that the
main development platform should be a free one like GNU/Linux.

You have the GPLv2 license on two files COPYING and LICENSE, please
just use one, I recommend you to use COPYING.

There's a few files without the proper copyright and license notice,
please fix this issue. Remember that any file with more than 10 lines
longs should carry on a copyright and license notice.

If the file cannot contain the copyright and license notice inside of
it, please create a file called NOTICE.{file extension} and put there
the proper copyright and license notice.

You may want to read the gpl howto at:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the
tracker's web interface by following the link below. Do not reply
directly; the registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we
will not receive such replies.

Regards.