[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #7903] Submission of Chestnut Scien

From: Alexander Shulgin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #7903] Submission of Chestnut Scientific Toolkit Family
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 10:25:46 +0300

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Damian Eads <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>

> > 3. We don't recommend using phrase "All rights reserved" in copyright
> > statements as it implies/suggests proprietary copyright.  Please remove it
> > from your copyright headers.
>
> I should disclose that although we are committed to releasing all of our
> source under the GPL, we believe that as owners of the copyright to the
> code, we may sell non-free licenses for the code. Is that consistent with
> having Savannah host the project?  (We understand that we may not re-license
> contributions of others without permission.)

I don't believe this is directly against Savannah policies, though,
somewhat unpleasant.

Also we have no control over already approved projects which authors'
might have changed their mind, or have never expressed the intent to
release their project under a non-free license.

The only wiki page related to this I've found, states: "If your
software is also available under a non-free license, please don't
advertise this on Savannah."
(https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ProprietaryUseOfFreeSoftware)

So what do you people think?

--