[Savannah-register-public] [task #7872] Submission of picogen

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7872] Submission of picogen
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:37:42 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #6:

Hi,

Jonathan pointed that your project is released under GPL v3 only (not "GPL v3
or later"). Your copyright notices say:
  version 3 of the License
instead of the usual
  either version 3 of the License,
  or (at your option) any later version

Licensing under the "GNU GPL v3 only" is problematic.  Would you agree to
license your project under the "GNU GPL v3 or later"?

The reason for this is that when we publish the next version of the GPL, it
will be important for all GPL-covered programs to advance to that new version.
If you don't put this in the files now, the only way to port your program to
the next version of the GPL would be to ask each and every copyright holder,
and that may be very difficult.

We can explain the issue in more detail if you wish. If you have concerns
about "GNU GPL v3 or later", we'd be happy to address them too.

Regards.