[Savannah-register-public] [task #8276] Submission of shared memory mana

From: jeannie boffel
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8276] Submission of shared memory manager
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:06:33 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
<> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration

= Registration Details =

* Name: *shared memory manager*
* System Name:  *shmm*
* Type: Official GNU software
* License: GNU General Public License v3 or later

shmm (for shared memory manager) is a software made in C which permit to
control, analyze, modify all shared memory in use on your system. It comes to
complete ipcs and ipcrm commands which give you a list of all ipc in use on
your system and give you the possibility to destroy them.

I was working through shared memory for a personal software and I realized
there were no unix command to manage it. I was forced to impact directly the
code of my software if I wanted to follow the evolution. I was missing
something like a shared memory probe. Also without this package we can't use
shared memory in unix shell script.

==== Other Software Required: ====
gnulib, GNU GPL,

==== Tarball URL: ====