Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8645] Submission of Freeciv Web Cl

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8645] Submission of Freeciv Web Client
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:33:54 -0600

    Btw, is there a way to make Savannah requests somewhat more
    prioritary?

Sure, in general, we try to answer GNU-related requests as a priority.
But that does not mean a whole lot.

    As for the issue at hand, I would be surprised if licensing@ didn't
    have an answer.

This is not something with a canned answer, as far as I can tell.

Sylvain, you were on the licensing@ list for a while.  You know well it
is not some vast group of experts who have the details of every
situation for every language and every framework at their fingertips.
It is basically two volunteers (Yoni Rabkin and Michael Foetsch) doing
the best they can with the incoming flood, plus overloaded Brett.

Maybe I'm wrong and Yoni or Michael will see the question and be able to
answer it off the top of their head.  But I repeat, my suggestion is to
ask the original posters first.  I see no harm in doing so.

Do what you think best, of course.

karl