[Savannah-register-public] [task #9606] Submission of The Block Chronicl

From: Patrick Ritchie
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9606] Submission of The Block Chronicles
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 20:52:04 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
<> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration

= Registration Details =

* Name: *The Block Chronicles*
* System Name:  *tbc*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v2 or later (The game artwork license
is still under consideration.  It's probable that it will be CC-A.)

The Block Chronicles is a 2D RPG which focuses its development on free-roam
style play.  Many of the game elements are similar to the Grand Theft Auto
series and Elder Scrolls series.  To put it simply, it's Grand Theft Auto --
2D style.

Developed with the SDL libraries, written in C++.  Gnu Generation members are
encouraged to join, as the founder of the project is a minor and involved with
Gnu Generation.

==== Other Software Required: ====
SDL, SDL_image, SDL_ttf

==== Other Comments: ====
I apologize for the crude packaging.  I am a newbie to the GNU build system
and will be working on it before I start sending out any links, at all.  The
game is in its *very* early development phase.

Please treat the supplied package as proof-of-concept.  If you think it's too
crude, just let me know and I'll work on it before submitting again.  Will
have it more standards compliant in a few days.  I'd just like to get my foot
in the door hear and learn the Savannah way of doing things.

Patrick (PatchMonster)

==== Tarball URL: ====