[Savannah-register-public] [task #9611] Submission of Hauke OS

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9611] Submission of Hauke OS
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 01:36:12 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => nicalvaro

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

Please resubmit your project description in English. English is the only
language that the whole Savannah team understands and is needed for
transparency and archival purposes.

As mentioned in the registration pages, we do not host complete distros,
distros isos, packages repositories, etc, mainly because we couldn't check the
licenses of each and every package it is composed of. We may just offer
support for organisational purpose and dedicated software (such as iso
creation scripts).

You titled your project Hoake OS, where I assume OS stands for "Operating
System". Given the explanation above, I ask how do you plan to use the
Savannah services?

Some other problems I have identified are missing copying-permission notices
and copyright notices. We wish to review your source code, even if it is not
functional, to catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GNU GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the beginning
of every copyrightable file, usually any file more than 10 lines long.  This
is explained in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would
help catch potential omissions such as these.

Also, please include a copy of the license you are using in a file called
COPYING.