[Savannah-register-public] [task #9760] Submission of Aviation

From: Dimitris Papavasiliou
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9760] Submission of Aviation
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 09:22:28 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=10361> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=10361>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Aviation*
* System Name:  *aviation*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v3 or later

----

Aviation is a free flight simulator meant to be somewhere in-between accurate
but complicated simulators and simple toy simulators that don't provide any
level of realism.  It features a non-linear flight model, a configurable
atmosphere and sky model and a CLOD triangulation engine for the terrain.
Actually all these are features of Techne the platform on which Aviation runs.
 Currently Aviation allows you to fly around in an area of around 600 square
kilometers centered around the Columbia river.  It can be easily extended
though to implement combat or air race scenarios.

Aviation is implemented on top of Techne and is therefore written in Lua.

==== Other Software Required: ====
Techne, GPL v3, no website currently available.  I'm waiting for your
approval to host the project.

==== Other Comments: ====
This project consists of three packages.  The sources, the data, mostly
geometry and textures for the airplane and a data set with satellite imagery
and elevation data for the terrain.  I won't attach the third package yet as
it is rather large.  It consists of data sourced from
http://www.landcover.org.  I could not find a strict license but, for Landsat
data for example, you can read in the following page:
http://www.landcover.org/data/landsat/

Intellectual Property Rights
Use is free to all; effectively held by USGS & NASA; but ultimately held by
US public.

I thus redistribute my derivative data set with the same license:

In accordance with source data licensing use of these data sets is free to
all.

Let me know if you need this package as well but it consists purely of media
and is more than 100MB large.

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/aviation-src-data-0.1.tar.gz

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9760>