[Savannah-register-public] [task #9629] Submission of CAD Block Library

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9629] Submission of CAD Block Library for Hydronic Heating
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:15:00 +0000

Hi Mario,

I always understood Savannah's GPL compatibility to be a requirement only for
source code. And our requirements for artwork are that they be under some free
license. That's how I reviewed projects anyway. I also think the free CC
licenses are a better choice for artwork than GPL is. But your opinion on that
is as good as mine. Maybe we should make this point more clear when Nicodemo
updates the hosting requirements page. But this is better to be discussed on
the mailing list.

Anyway, with the exception Arthur wrote, it is my understanding that any user
is free to combine Arthur's DXF files even with DXF files that happen to be
licensed under GPL for some reason.

Arthur,
we have the hosting requirement that no user shall ever be seduced to use
proprietary software. Does a website which both contains a free and a
proprietary version conflict with that? I think it does if the proprietary
version offers "convenience features". So I would ask you to strike it.