[Savannah-register-public] [task #10305] Submission of Sila

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10305] Submission of Sila
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 06:41:15 +0000

Hi Chi-kwan,

Let us start at the end.
* The hosting requirements
<https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php> explicitly list the GFDL
"or a compatible license", so using it for your documents is perfectly fine.
* As I said I am not an administrator yet, but real admins can at their
discretion approve your submission while you make the required changes (and
keep this task open to ensure compliance). This is usually the case when the
remaining modifications are small and/or a lot of time has elapsed, but it is
best if you make the changes and resubmit a tarball. This way the approval
process can be closed and everyone can go on with their businesses.
* I also use git and I love it! Well, this was not a question but I wanted to
say it :)

Now for your remaining questions:
* The recommended style for documentation (anything beyond 10 lines) is with
a license header, not a footer, just like any code file. Other projects have
different styles, but they are not hosted in Savannah; we are just trying to
ensure that your copyrights (or rather "copylefts") are clear for everyone and
enforceable.
* I understand then that you have joint copyright for the code, and that you
should only use the name of your institute (not the division if it's not a
legal entity). That should be fine.
* Thanks for the clarification about libtool.

Please resubmit so the approval process can be closed as soon as possible and
you can go back to hacking!