[Savannah-register-public] [task #9475] Submission of Eads Time Series E

From: Damian Eads
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9475] Submission of Eads Time Series Extensions
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 02:46:51 +0000

I have already released my code under the GPL Version 2.0 with the STD C++
exception. Removing the words "All Rights Reserved" would have the same legal
effect as keeping them. What is the legal argument for its omission if the
words have no legal meaning (under the Berne convention)? Is it purely
stylistic? Why threaten to delete a project unless cosmetic concerns are
addressed within one week? I've complied but it seems extreme to me.

It would be better for the free software community if you spent your time
with tasks other than burdening free software developers with mundane tasks,
many of whom have very little free time to develop free software outside their
busy research schedules. For example, your z130 code is poorly commented and
has no regression tests,
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/z130.git/tree/tiger_cmp_generic.c . Without a
regression test, there is no way for us to know whether it works given
platform differences.