[Savannah-register-public] [task #10626] Submission of ESPResSo

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10626] Submission of ESPResSo
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:18:42 +0000

Follow-up Comment #11, task #10626 (project administration):

Finally we can continue. I believe I have managed to make ESPResSo
GNU-compliant.

You can find a new tarball here:

  http://www.icp.uni-stuttgart.de/~icp/espresso-2.9.0.tar.gz

What have I done:

* I have changed the license to pure GPLv3. Even though this was not formally
necessary, I have asked for the contributors for consent, and all that could
be reached agreed.

* I have added the corresponding license notice into all files.

* I have added the files AUTHORS, NEWS etc. as recommended by the GNU
Autotools.

* I have added README files to all directories that contain binary files.

Two questions remain open:

* In the subdir doc/ug/figures I have added a README file that states: "All
files within this directory are copyrighted and licensed as indicated below:"
...and then the classical header. Is this OK, or do I have to state all files
explicitly?

* I noticed that doc/ug/underscore.sty contains the copyright notice
  % Copyright 1998,2001 Donald Arseneau;  Distribute freely if unchanged.
  % Instructions follow after the definitions.

  Is this compatible with the GPL, or do we have to look for an alternative?
My TeX competence is not enough to rewrite that stuff...

Cheers from Germany!