[Savannah-register-public] [task #10746] Submission of gmcommand

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10746] Submission of gmcommand
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:22:52 +0000

Hi Yasha,

We can do an initial upload for you, if you want to keep your history; but
the usual way is that you choose a version control system and upload
everything yourself.

You have to upload the code to the VCS of your choice (you can currently
choose between: CVS, Subversion, git, bazaar, Mercurial). Go to "Select
Features" from the project admin page and enable the one(s) you like; then
upload your code there. For your website it is always CVS at the moment.

Some unasked-for advice: learn and use a distributed version control system
such as git (the one I use). For a single developer it is as easy and robust
as a centralized VCS, if not more; but it is more flexible and faster than
even Subversion. As soon as you are working with others and accepting external
patches it becomes orders of magnitude better. Plus, the skills you obtain are
more in demand right now.