[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #10860] Submission of GDL GNU Data

From: pwillis
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #10860] Submission of GDL GNU Data Language User Help
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 17:29:06 -0800

I was hoping to set up an end user wiki space for
users of GDL at Savannah. The interface doesn't seem to provide
that functionality (?).

I have set up a book for GDL at
to serve this purpose. That way anyone can edit the book.

For this reason it may be wise to withdraw the submission
at savannah in favor of the creative commons wiki book.

Best Regards,

Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

Follow-up Comment #1:

2011-01-07 in GNU Savannah task: "Submission of GDL GNU Data Language
User Help".

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in GNU Savannah.
You can reach the rest Savannah hackers (Staff) in this list:

I noticed this software is alredy hosted in SourceForge.

Please note GNU Savannah is a central point for development,
distribution and maintenance of GNU Software and other free software.

We do not want to be used as a mere mirror of a project developed
elsewhere.  Your project development should happen primarily on

How do you plan to use your Savannah account?

Your project is not yet part of the GNU project, so we cannot accept
its current name.

While there are non-GNU programs with names that include 'gnu', such
as gnuplot and gnuboy, they are not hosted on Savannah.  We want to
maintain the distinction between GNU and non-GNU projects.

When your project is accepted into the GNU project you may change its
name.  You can do this by asking us.

Please clarify these issues so we can continue with the evaluation

Item status changes:

Assigned to -> marioxcc
Status -> In progress
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)