[Savannah-register-public] [task #10974] Submission of Slipstream

From: Dimitris Papavasiliou
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10974] Submission of Slipstream
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 15:43:37 +0000

Hello,

I've uploaded the data tarball using your upload window.  Here's the URL:

http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/slipstream-data-0.1.tar.bz2

Regarding the media files themselves.  They are distributed in source form in
a way.  The reason why I doubt they'll be useful to anyone is that they have
been converted to a format very specific to Techne which is actually a string
in Lua with all the binary data of the image or geometry model.  It would be
theoretically easy for anyone to convert it back but I suppose the way to
distribute the media data itself, if they're going to be useful to anyone, is
in its original form as XCF or Blender files.  I would do that if I considered
them generally useful which I don't since I don't really like them myself :).
They're just temporary until I find help from a decent artist.

On a sidenote and not that I disagree with your strategy regarding copyright
notices etc. but just out of curiosity.  Have there been many cases where
these copyrights have actually been useful in court, or is it just a
precaution?